We have partnered with NeuroTech TO to host an evening dedicated to brain-computer interfaces (BCI) and affective computing. Join us to find out how our mind and emotions are being tapped to change the face of computing.
Event Focus: Brain & Emotion Tech
Our emotions and mind are what make us human and yet these elements of humanity are often missing inputs in this current wave of computing. This next wave of computing, made possible with the use of wearable technology, is digitizing the entire human experience, from our physiology to our emotions and even our mind, which will unlock opportunities in computing we never thought possible.
What To Expect
- Hear from TED Talk speaker Dr. Kang Lee, Developmental Researcher, University of Toronto and Chief Science Officer, Nuralogix
- Find out what the current and future state of emotion tech is from Heartbeat.ai CEO, Lana Novikova
- Fireside chat on Neuromarketing with Diana Lucaci, Founder CEO & Vuk Pavlovic, Research Manager at True Impact
- Hear from thought leaders in EEG and BCI discussing the opportunities in computing unlocked by using the mind
- Go “heads-on” with the latest in BCI and emotion tech in our demo area
Participating companies include InteraXon, VRPlayin, VieLight, Nuralogix, True Impact, Avertus, Heartbeat.ai, NeuroTechTO
WWTO will be serving beer courtesy of Lake Wilcox Brewery and pizza courtesy of Pizza Pizza made possible by our food sponsor Herscu & Goldsilver.
6:30-7:00: Registration & Networking (Expo open)
7:00-7:10: Opening Remarks - Tom Emrich, Founder, We Are Wearables & Bryan Jenkins, Organizer, NeuroTechTO
7:10-7:25: "Making AI Emotionally Intelligent" - Dr. Kang Lee, Developmental Researcher, University of Toronto & Chief Science Officer, Nuralogix
7:25-7:40: "Integration and Design: Will Emotion Tech Make us Happier and Kinder?" - Lana Novikova, Founder, Heartbeat.ai
7:40-8:00: Fireside chat on Neuromarketing with Diana Lucaci, Founder CEO & Vuk Pavlovic, Research Manager at True Impact
7:55-8:30: Panel: Unlocking the opportunities of the mind using EEG devices and brain-computer interface
- Graeme Moffat, VP Research & Regulatory Affairs, InteraXon
- Dano Morrison, Projects Officer, NeuroTechTO
- Alex Ni, Founder, CTO, Avertus
- Mark David Hosale - Associate ProfessorDepartment of Computational Arts & Digital Media Program School of the Arts, Media, Performance & Design at York University
- Moderated by Tom Emrich, Founder, We Are Wearables and Partner at Super Ventures
8:30-10:00: Networking and Expo area featuring the following companies:
- InteraXon - makers of the brain-sensing headband Muse
- Avertus - the future of high-frequency, mobile neuro monitoring
- VieLight - Wearable Photobiomodulation Technology
- NeuroTechTO - the Toronto chapter of the International Neuro Tech community
- Genesys - producers of the Toronto Tech Summit, May 26
- VRPlayin - VR arcade in Toronto
A huge thank you to MaRS Discovery District Centre, Genesys, Proto3000, Herscu & Goldsilver, BetaKit and Super Ventures for your continued support and commitment to the We Are Wearables community.
MaRS Discovery District Centre in Toronto is one of the world's largest urban innovation hubs. MaRS cultivates high-impact ventures and equips innovators to drive economic and societal prosperity. Learn more at www.marsdd.com.
Genesys, the world’s #1 Customer Experience Platform, empowers companies to create exceptional omnichannel experiences, journeys and relationships. Attend our 5th Toronto Tech Summit on May 26, 2017 to learn more about Customer Experience, Always-On Voice, Innovation, IoT, Virtual Reality, and more! Learn more at www.torontotechsummit.com
Proto3000 provides professional 3D Printing Services, Rapid Prototyping Services, Stratasys 3D Printers, 3D Laser Scanning services, and 3D Laser Scanners. Learn more at www.proto3000.com
Herscu & Goldsilver is a boutique Toronto-based public relations agency focused on driving awareness around technology, lifestyle and crowdfunding products and services. Learn more at www.herscugoldsilver.com
BetaKit is Canada's leading site for Canadian startup news and tech innovation. Learn more at www.betakit.com
Super Ventures is the first fund and incubator dedicated to technologies giving people superpowers: Augmented Reality, Virtual Reality & Wearable. Learn more at www.superventures.com
We Are Wearables is on a mission to foster adoption and facilitate innovation in wearable tech. We believe that wearable technology is augmenting the human experience making us better at everything we do in work, life and play. We act as a platform to showcase both local and global entrepreneurs, startups, organizations and thought leaders making this happen. We Are Wearables is the largest wearable tech community of its kind in the world. We currently have a total digital reach of over 120,000. Join the Wearable Revolution at http://www.wearewearables.com .
NeuroTechTO (NTTO) is a community of over 800 individuals, interested in promoting the positive impact that neurotechnology has and will have on society. To date NTTO has organized 10+ community meetups, as well as several partner events, most recently having organized a student-focused symposium with their University of Toronto student club, NeuroTechUofT. Learn more at http://to.neurotechx.com/
Interested in sponsoring, speaking, demoing or volunteering at this or other WWTO events this year, contact Tom at firstname.lastname@example.org .