Best Buy will be hosting the first Life & Tech Wearable event on September 8th in Toronto Ontario. This free event will feature hands on demonstrations, celebrity appearances, great music, and even a fashion show. Come try out the newest in wearable technology and have a lot of fun.
There will be many of the top brands in wearable tech showing off their newest devices. Visit their booths at the expo to learn more about how wearable technology can fit into your lifestyle. Many of the vendors will also have a celebrity in attendance to help you learn more about the technology. But to really learn about the latest in wearable tech, you should attend the expert panel discussions. There will be four panel discussions through day: so arrive early so you can attend them all. You'll want to stay late too. House of Marley will provide music during the day, and even be presenting a concert to end the event in the evening.
The day will comprise of a wearable tech showcase, fashion show, industry expert panels and celebrity guests. And IT'S FREE to attend! Just head on over to Yonge-Dundas square beginning at 12PM on Tuesday September 8.
More information can be found out on the Plug-In Best Buy Canada blog here.
- 12 noon: Panel Discussion: What the heck is wearable tech?
- 12:35 p.m.: Life & Tech Wearable Tech Fashion Show
- 2 p.m.: Panel Discussion: How wearable tech elevates your health and fitness
- 3 p.m.: Panel Discussion: How Virtual Reality and Gesture Control are changing the world
- 4 p.m.: Panel Discussion: Wearable tech charges-up sports and entertainment
- 6 p.m.: Panel Discussion: What the heck is wearable tech?
- 6:35 p.m.: Life & Tech Wearable Tech Fashion Show
- 8:00 p.m.: House of Marley live performance by celebrated reggae and hip-hop artist, Ky-Mani Marley
Celebrities and Industry Experts
- Patrick Patterson, House of Marley athlete, NBA forward for Toronto’s basketball team
- Rohan Marley, director of House of Marley, former CFL player and son of Bob Marley
- Elvis Stojko, Muse champion, former figure skater and Olympic champion
- Jason Helman, ZEPP athlete, Canadian PGA golf pro
- Rob Latsky (aka MrWoofless), Gameband all-star, Minecraft YouTube star
- PrestonPlayz, Gameband all-star, Minecraft YouTube star
- Phoebe Dykstra, Bellabeat super fan, social influencer and former veejay host
- Sunny Fong, Best Buy designer, Creative Director, VAWK
- Ky-Mani Marley, House of Marley musician, reggae and hip-hop artist, son of Bob Marley
- Tom Emrich, wearable tech expert and founder, We Are Wearables
- Zayn, Jaffer, director of emerging business, Best Buy Canada
- Elliott Chun, communications manager, Best Buy Canada
- Nearly 30 Life & Tech Expo exhibitors and panelists