WWTO is back for its first event of 2017.
We will be kicking off this year with our annual tradition of tech journalists discussing wearable tech trends coming out of CES featuring panelists from TechCrunch, Mobile Nations (Android Central, iMore), Wareable, Electric Runway, National Post, MobileSyrup, CasieStewart.com and BetaKit.
This event features two special Canada-first presentations:
- Toronto-based InteraXon will be showing off its connected sunglasses, Lowdown Focus, in partnership with Smith Optics (Saflio)
- Montreal's Mighty Cast will be presenting its production ready Nex Band Evolution along with its partnership with Niantic Lab's Ingress for the Ingress Mod Band.
Also on the agenda: Tom Emrich will be presenting his wearable tech predictions for 2017. And Manish Nargas, Research Analyst at IDC will be presenting some numbers on wearables globally and in Canada.
Pizza Pizza and beer from Lake Wilcox Brewery will be served.
**Want to sponsor or exhibit at this event, contact Tom**
6:30-7:00PM: Doors Open & Demos
7:00-7:10PM: Opening Remarks & Announcements
7:10-7:20PM: "12 Wearable Tech Predictions for 2017" - Tom Emrich - Partner, Super Ventures and Founder, We Are Wearables
7:20-7:35PM: "Wearables: 2017 and beyond – As we see it" - Manish Nargas, Research Analyst, Consumer and Mobile Research / Wearable Technology, IDC Canada
7:35-8:00PM: Tech Journalists chat CES (Panel)
- Darrell Etherington - TechCrunch
- Amanda Cosco - Electric Runway / Wareable
- Patrick O'Rourke - MobileSyrup
- Josh McConnell - National Post / Financial Post
- Daniel Bader - Android Central
- Casie Stewart - This Is My Life
- Moderated by Tom Emrich - BetaKit / MobileSyrup
8:00-8:15PM: "The Nex Evolution - the world’s first hackable smart band" - Adam Adelman, CEO & Founder, Mighty Cast
8:15-8:30PM: Lowdown Focus mpowered by Muse - Graeme Moffat, VP of Scientific & Regulatory Affairs
8:30-10:00PM: Networking & Demo Area featuring:
- Mighty Cast - makers of the hackable wearable wristband, Nex Evolution and the Ingress Mod Band
- Matrix Inception - mixed reality studio will be featuring HoloLens applications
- Communitech - the hub for the commercialization of innovation in Waterloo Region
- Cognitive Systems - unveiling new ways to use wireless signals
- Tritonwear - wearable tech for competitive swimmers
- Babylon VR - market and sell condo units with VR
- ShapeTrace - augmented/mixed reality software for tablets that helps construction teams prevent errors & build right the first time
- Proto3000 - professional 3D Printing Services, Rapid Prototyping Services, Stratasys 3D Printers, 3D Laser Scanning services, and 3D Laser Scanners
- NeuroTechTO - featuring VitReous is an eye-based gesture system for virtual and augmented reality devices
- MindSet - headphones that sense your brain concentration
- Tecla Shield - a portable assistive device for people with disabilities
- InteraXon - presenting the Smith Lowdown Focus smart sunglasses
A huge thank you to MaRS Discovery District Centre, Proto3000, Herscu & Goldsilver, BetaKit and Super Ventures for your continued support and commitment to the We Are Wearables community.
MaRS Discovery District Centre in Toronto is one of the world's largest urban innovation hubs. MaRS cultivates high-impact ventures and equips innovators to drive economic and societal prosperity. Learn more at www.marsdd.com.
Proto3000 provides professional 3D Printing Services, Rapid Prototyping Services, Stratasys 3D Printers, 3D Laser Scanning services, and 3D Laser Scanners. Learn more at www.proto3000.com.
Herscu & Goldsilver is a boutique Toronto-based public relations agency focused on driving awareness around technology, lifestyle and crowdfunding products and services. Learn more at www.herscugoldsilver.com.
BetaKit is Canada's leading site for Canadian startup news and tech innovation. Learn more at www.betakit.com.
Super Ventures is the first fund and incubator dedicated to technologies giving people superpowers: Augmented Reality, Virtual Reality & Wearable. Learn more at www.superventures.com.
And thank you to the WWTO team and the volunteers who make this event possible.
Want to sponsor, speak, demo or volunteer at WWTO? Contact Tom at firstname.lastname@example.org